Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fitness expert starts exercise Web site for people with disabilities

From PRWeb:

DANVILLE, Calif. -- "Helping people with disabilities is the reason I launched my website," said Joanne Loveland. "Whether someone has a serious condition like Multiple Sclerosis, or is just recovering from an accident, stroke or surgery, I want to have the resources to help them improve their lives."

Loveland's website, www.StretchingYourself.com, was launched in May 2009, and provides a wide range of products for physical and mental fitness. "The name of my website has a lot to do with what I want to accomplish, and that is encourage people to stretch themselves both physically and mentally."

While the focus of the website is on providing products for rehabilitation and rehabilitation exercises, Loveland believes all fitness enthusiasts will feel at home on her website. "I have lot of great products for yoga, and while yoga can be for rehabilitation, it's also a lot of fun and a great workout."

Following the launch of her website, Loveland created a new fitness blog at www.StretchingYourselfBlog.com to provide further insight on how people with disabilities can partake in exercise.

"Stamina, flexibility, and balance are the three objectives I encourage my customers to strive for, and on my blog, I'll be discussing how people with and without disabilities can achieve those goals," said Loveland.

Loveland also expressed a desire for the blog to be a place for information pertaining to more than just fitness. "I want the blog to be a place for people with disabilities to read encouraging articles and information on how to improve their lives," said Loveland. "It's important that people with disabilities know that success is within their reach, it just requires a little bit of dedication."

Because her website is designed for people with disabilities, Loveland believes her target audience is what makes her website unique. "There aren't enough resources out there for people with disabilities, and it's so important to have those resources available."