Monday, April 26, 2010

Pussycat Dolls singer wants to start musical camp for people with disabilities

From Celebrity-Mania:


Nicole Scherzinger (pictured) is determined to start a musical camp for people with special needs. The Pussycat Dolls singer, during her recent visit to Reality Cares Radio Hour with founder of Reality Cares Todd Michael Krim, stated that she wants to be an advocate for people with Down syndrome.

On why she is keen to open the musical school, the girlfriend of Lewis Hamilton said, on online's L.A,'s Talk Radio, that her aunt has inspired her. She revealed, "I grew up with my aunt who is actually younger than me because my grandmother had her at an older age and she has Down syndrome."

"My aunt with Down syndrome has always had a special place in my heart and is such a wonderful addition to our family, so when Todd asked me if I was passionate about any charities or causes, I immediately thought of her," the 31-year-old beauty further explained.

The "Dancing with the Stars" contestant later revealed her hope for the planned musical camp, saying "I want to bring awareness to how special people with Down syndrome [are]." She continued, "I used to tell my girls in the Pussycat Dolls that I would have my own musical camp or school where I would teach people with special disabilities or Down syndrome."

Her musical camp aside, Nicole Scherzinger reportedly could land a collaboration with Cheryl Cole. "Nicole's manager wants to look after Cheryl's American campaign," a record label source told the Daily Star.

"Nicole's currently working on her second solo album which will have a much more dance and electronic sound than her first one," the source added. "She's moving away from R&B to a sound very similar to Cheryl's, so it makes sense for them to record together."