Sunday, May 1, 2011

Heather Mills buys £1.4 million Austrian chalet to train for British Paralympics ski team

From Celeb O'clock Eleven in the UK:

Paralympic hopeful Heather Mills (pictured) is doing everything she can to get into the British ski team.

Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife has reportedly splashed £1.4 million of her £24.3 million divorce payout on a luxury ski chalet in the Austrian Alps.

Until now, the home has been rented out to holidaymakers but 42-year-old Mills plans to make it her training base.

Heather announced last year that she was "desperate" to represent Britain in the 2014 Winter Paralympics and, with her vegan café already shut down, has plenty of time to work on her technique.

A source told the Sunday Mirror: "The apartment is right in the centre of a ski-lovers' paradise. Heather loves skiing and this will be a brilliant place for her to train for the Paralympics."

Ms Mills, who lost part of her left leg in 1993, previously revealed that skiing wasn't her only option.

"Originally I was asked to try out for the British Paralympic cycling team," she explained. "My times were good, but I got bored being on my bike every morning.

"So I thought, 'I wonder if I'd be too old for the skiing team?'"