Monday, August 4, 2008

Keira Knightley, who has dyslexia, says she wants to prove she's not "dumb"

From Times of India reprint of another story:


Keira Knightley is determined to prove that she is not dumb, even though she dropped out of school at the age of 17.

Keira, known for her roles of upper class characters in films like ‘ Pride and Prejudice’ and ‘Atonement’, suffers from dyslexia.

But she is not letting her lack of education and learning disability get her down, and she insists the setbacks only make her eager to prove that she is brainy.

"It (dyslexia) makes me feel I am going to read absolutely everything so I can prove that I am not stupid," Contactmusic quoted her as saying.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star also admits that giving up university in favour of a film career has left her with a "chip on her shoulder" over her lack of education.

"I am completely uneducated. Not going to university did give me an incredible driving force because it leaves you with a slight chip on your shoulder,” she added.