Here's a round up of some of the coverage:
* CNN, "Dozens protest at 'Tropic Thunder' premiere"
* The AP, "Mental disability groups protest Tropic Thunder"
* An excellent PSA on YouTube from the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network.
* USA Today, "Disability groups vs. 'Tropic Thunder'"
* ABC24 in Memphis, "Local Disabled Advocates Join Boycott of Film"
* MTV, "'Tropic Thunder' Director/Star Ben Stiller Says Disability Advocates' Planned Boycott Is Unwarranted"
* Access Hollywood, "Disability Advocates Call For ‘Tropic Thunder’ Protest, Stiller Responds"
The ARC will have a National press conference about the film on August 13 from 10- 11 a.m. EST at 529 14th Street, NW Washington, DC. Here's a list from The ARC, which was one of the disability organizations protesting the use of the R-word in the film:
* Disability groups protest at 'Tropic Thunder' premier, www.metro.co.uk - August 12, 2008
* Advocates for disabled to protest "Tropic Thunder", www.reuters.com - August 11, 2008