The Philadelphia Inquirer claims that disability advocates support her, and Newsweek says having a baby with Down syndrome involved with the campaign will bring public awareness.
But the disability blogosphere says differently:
- Temple University's disability studies blog: http://disstud.blogspot.com/2008/09/memo-to-governor-palin.html
- Sarah Lynn's blog by the mother of a child with Down syndrome: http://sarahlynn.blogspot.com/2008/09/qualifications.html
- This way of life blog by an adult with autism: http://thiswayoflife.org/blog/?p=339
- The Shakesville feminist blog: http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2008/09/disability-parental-martyrdom-and.html
- The Bad Cripple blog: http://badcripple.blogspot.com/2008/09/palin-and-politics-of-disability.html
- More from the Bad Cripple blog: http://badcripple.blogspot.com/2008/09/more-on-politics-and-disability.html
- KaraSwims blog on Disaboom: http://www.disaboom.com/Blogs/karaswims/archive/2008/09/03/is-palin-quot-on-of-us-quot-by-association.aspx
- The Bad Mama blog: http://badmama.wordpress.com/2008/08/31/st-bad-mama/
- Wheelie Catholic blog: http://wheeliecatholic.blogspot.com/2008/09/palin-diversity-and-disabled-kids-down.html
- Chewing the Fat blog: http://davehingsburger.blogspot.com/2008/09/quiet-rant.html
Thanks to Penny R. for this list!