Friday, October 23, 2009

Madonna throws around the R-word in Rolling Stone interview

Thanks to the Disability & Media Alliance Project (D-MAP) for pointing this out. Here are some of Madonna's quotes it noted:

Madonna doesn’t have many musical regrets. She tells Scaggs about writing “Live to Tell” and “Vogue,” returning with a head full of brand-new ideas on Ray of Light and teaming with some of the industry’s biggest hitmakers on Hard Candy. But after all these years, she admits she still can’t sniff out a Number One. “I’ve never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I’ve written, like ‘Cherish’ and ‘Sorry,’ a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits,” she tells RS. ” ‘Into the Groove’ is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it.”

Here's the Rolling Stone Web site, which has parts of the interview.