Monday, February 8, 2010

SNL takes down Rahm Emanuel without insulting people with disabilities

By BA Haller
© Media dis&dat

Andy Samberg (pictured) played White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and it was actually an attack on him, his foul mouth and the stupid things he says when he gets angry. The skit called "And Now Even-Tempered Apology from White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel " began with Emanuel apologizing for using "the derogatory term for people with intellectual disabilities." So far so good. (You can see the skit here, with a review from Curt Wagner's Show Patrol.)

Then Samberg's Emanual launches into a [bleep]storm of cursing at progressive Democrats: "As for the progressive Democrats whom I used the term in reference to, I should never have called you that. What I should have called you was [bleeping] babies, stupid [bleeping] babies who can't keep their mouths shut.

"You went to the Wall Street Journal with this you [bleeping] turncoats?! The Wall Street Journal? I'm trying to get [bleep] done here. And I know we're not moving as fast as you want on health care, but have you noticed the Republicans are trying to paint us as Soviet crack dealers?

"I've already got them crawling up my [bleep] and now you want in too? I've got so many legislators in my colon I need 60 voted to take a shit. So [bleep] you!"

Samberg's Emanuel also went off on Sarah Palin in a hilarious diatribe about her using Facebook to call for his resignation: "You come after me on Facebook? What are you, 14? Here's a status update, grow the [bleep] up! Poke me again and I will write stuff on your Wall so obscene your computer will cry.

"Go back to the [bleeping] tundra, you [bleeping] gimmick!"

So SNL can go after the correct people once in awhile. Please lay off NY Gov. David Paterson's blindness for good but keep up the good work on satirizing the [bleeping] mistakes of politicians who don't know to avoid using antiquated and derogatory terms like the R-word.