International Conference on Body Image and Identity in Contemporary Society
April 8-9, 2011 at The Graduate Center/CUNY, 34th St. and 5th Ave., NY, NY
Join scholars from around the world to explore the connections between body image and identity through multidisciplinary lenses.
With Keynote Addresses from
• Hans-OttoThomashoff, M.D., Ph.D., World Psychiatric Association
• Victoria Pitts-Taylor, Ph.D., The Graduate Center/CUNY, Sociology/Women’s Studies
The conference will address:
-- How does body image affect the construction of contemporary identity?
-- What practices, behaviors and medical interventions influence this process?
-- What role do social constructions of the norm, pathology and disability play in society?
-- How does the “imaginary” metaphorical body as the subject of art correlate with the actual physical body as the subject of medicine or science?
Register now for only $65
• Includes breakfast, conference tote, and two days of provocative scholarship
• Special Friday Reception at the American Folk Art Museum ($15)
• Group rates available!
• Inquire about exhibitor tables, program ads and sponsorship
• FREE for CUNY students
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
International Conference on Body Image, Identity in Contemporary Society will be in NY city April 8-9
Posted by BA Haller at 4:19 PM