The event will be at the Eisner and Lubin Auditorium in the NYU Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South, in New York City. "Outside the Box/Performing Disability" is an international showcase featuring provocative, exotic and cutting-edge disabled performers.
Mat Fraser, internationally known actor and playwright ("Sealboy: Freak," "Thalidomide: The Musical") will emcee. Fraser was most recently featured as Puck in "The Kaos Dream," a re-visioning of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream," which toured Britain last fall.
- Mat Fraser, Emcee, Actor, Writer, cabaret performer, musician and occasional stripper
- Excerpts from "GIMP," choreographed by Heidi Latsky, featuring dancers Jeffery Freeze, Lawrence Carter-Long and Catherine Long
- Lezlie Frye, spoken word
- Four Wheel City, Krip Hop (Rap)
- Honi Harlow & Mystique presents Bawdville, Deaf burlesque
- Nancy Ostrovsky, performance painting
- Theatrical Readings staged by Carrie Sandahl and Vicki Lewis, featuring Nikaury Acosta, Christine Bruno, Jason Fisher, Pedro Hidalgo, Anita Hollander, Neil Marcus, Gregg Mozgala and Dathan B. Williams
Tickets are $18 and are available online and at the door. Go to http://www.blogger.com/ to order online.
For accommodations or other questions, please contact Howard Hines @ 646-344-7261. The event is presented with sign language interpretation, audio description and open captioning. Space is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening devices, large print & Braille programs available upon request.